Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Brick Wall



The above photo was taken in downtown Amman, Jordan, the city where I'm currently staying. A couple days ago, when I tried to get into Syria from Jordan, Syrian border officials told me I had to go back to Amman to get my Syrian visa. When I returned to Amman and went to the Syrian Embassy, however, they told me to get my visa at the border. So, even though I really wanted to visit Syria that's not going to happen right now because instead of a visa all I'm getting is the runaround. During my morning spent going from Jordan to Syria then back to Jordan, I started thinking about what would happen if for some reason Jordanian immigration officials refused to issue me a visa to reenter Jordan, leaving me stuck in that 1/2 mile no-man's land between Jordan & Syria, living off roadside plants and duty-free candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment