Friday, July 4, 2014

An Indonesian Paradise


From Manila, Bali is about a 4-hour flight south. One of the 17,000 or so islands that make up the archipelago of Indonesia, Bali is by far the island most visited by tourists in that huge country.


In 2002, one of the Bali bombings took place at Paddy's Pub in Kuta. I'm not sure if this is the same place, but it's the same name, and on the same street (Legian Street).




This sign is posted in the public restroom area at a hotel where I stayed on an island known as Gili Trawangan.


Snorkel-trip lunch break, Gili Islands, east of Bali.


Gili Trawangan is an island east of Bali, in the Nusa Tenggara region of Indonesia. It was one of my favorite places I visited during my month of travel in Indonesia. There are no cars on the island, only bicycles, and horses and buggies.






No comments:

Post a Comment