Monday, September 15, 2014

A Substantial Upgrade


About a 2.5-hour train ride north of Kuala Lumpur, Ipoh is a pleasant mid-sized Malaysian city. This is a photo of Ipoh's train station, sometimes referred to as Malaysia's Taj Mahal.


In George Town, Malaysia, I noticed a cafe with a similarly weird name -- Sip & Chew.

When traveling alone I try to keep my hotel-room cost below $35/night. At the Ipoh City Hotel, $33 got me a mediocre little room, though one amenity was the iron & ironing board set up for guests out in the hallway.

After Ipoh, I took a train south to meet my wife outside of Kuala Lumpur at a hotel & health resort called the Palace of the Golden Horses. This was, to say the least, a substantial upgrade from the Ipoh City Hotel.

There's something my hotel room in Ipoh lacked -- a table with golden horse hooves.

1 comment:

  1. I love those horse hooves on the table! Nice detail for the Palace of the Golden Horses! :-)

    ReplyDelete