Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Quanzhou, ancient port city

 I love Shanghai, but time to continue heading south toward Macau. Next stop, the ancient port city of Quanzhou, not far from Taiwan.
 I've seen these "IV" fruit juice bags for sale at snack shops several places in China.
I'm Staying at the Overseas Chinese Hotel in Quanzhou. In addition to fruit and tea, I got a complimentary set of mini Mao cups.
 These are for sale in the hotel lobby for 7 yuan, about $1.
 View from my room is okay, but the view from the bathroom/shower is fantastic.
 A favorite Chinese dish of mine, vegan hotpot. The cook even ground sesame paste for me.
 The furniture in the hotel lobby is for sale. The price there on the table is 128,000 yuan, or about $20,000.
 The ships in this region used to be modeled after birds.
 While taking a break in the Islamic Cemetery, I saw this bug, colorful and unusual enough to merit a photo.



Above 4 photos taken at Shaolin Kung Fu Temple outside of Quanzhou. The temple architecture is markedly different in this southeast region of China.

No comments:

Post a Comment