Saturday, March 9, 2019

The end of Spring Festival

 A fine day out at Beijing's Summer Palace. He's giving me a thumbs up because he's impressed that to signal to snap the photo I can count to 3 in Mandarin.
 A kite flyer abruptly had me take over.
 There are some fantastic kites in China.

 Right after we arrived at the Summer Palace this woman drew my photo on a piece of porcelain. I was flattered, until she tried to sell it to me.
 Still the tail end of Chinese New Year, so Chinese from all over China are visiting their capital city.
 It gets very cold in Beijing, but rarely snows.
 Having a blast at Beijing's Hou Lake.
 Spring is near, so I'm biking more often.
 ...but the air not so great on this particular day.
And so another Chinese New Year celebration draws to a close.

No comments:

Post a Comment