Thursday, July 25, 2019

Summer in the city

 Today I went through some Beijing photos I recently posted on Facebook, thought I'd do a blog posting as well...
Above: having a shave, 7:30 am at a local Starbucks.
 Then some breakfast, and a nice long snooze.
 Took this shot this morning at the local wet market.
 Above and below, Beijing mini-car shots.

 At our house we're very serious about recycling.
 It's estimated there are around half a billion bicycles in China.

Bags of instant noodles at Beijing Railway Station -- BY FAR the favorite food in China when traveling by train.



 Clothes and birthday cakes for pets. Many Beijingers like to pamper their pets.
 Also snapped this shot this morning, in Sanlitun, Beijing's fashion district. Not only an odd fashion, but also would be really hot in this 99F weather!
Took this shot the other day at the alcohol section of Hello Mart.

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful, as ever! Had to save the last one, with credit due...one day it's going to be the perfect thing to pull out of my hat! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, some interesting English translations in China.

      Delete
  2. Love the guy shaving and sleeping,and birthday cakes for dogs? I thought we were crazy over here,but I am sure in a big city I could find a cake for my dog.You are the best trash guy,that looks like everything you own!!

    ReplyDelete