Saturday, September 14, 2019

The moon worshipping festival

 China's Mid Autumn Festival historically was to worship the fall full moon. Nowadays the Chinese have family get-togethers and eat moon cakes. Every year our housing management delivers a bottle of wine and moon cakes to our door.
 Boat traffic jams at Beijing's Hou Lakes during the festival.
 ...and of course crowds on the streets.
 I'm pretty sure electric bikes aren't allowed on the Beijing subway.
 I don't see many of these around anymore.
 Like some cat company along with your coffee?
 The home of an introvert?
 I love our rental house, but several times a year it invariably springs a leak. Just the other morning I woke up and found a puddle of water on the downstairs floor.
 Wooden flying pig from Bali. This is one of my favorite knickknacks because it makes me think of the song "Pigs on the Wing"  from Pink Floyd's Animals album
I forgot to post this last time with the Shenyang, north China photos. A hotel robot hard at work greeting breakfast customers.

3 comments:

  1. you live a very interesting life. I love seeing these pics, you lead a very interesting life! I hope some day I will travel, my destination would be Elephant Rock Island, Iceland! One day, I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure about the cats and coffee,but as always fun interesting pics.

    ReplyDelete