Friday, April 11, 2014

Hoi An

Hoi An is about a 1-hour bus ride south of Danang. It's full of tourists, and with good reason as it's a gorgeous town with lots of shops, temples, museums, good resaurants and hotels. At various times throughout the day all traffic is cut off from the old town district and, if you're lucky enough to be there on the 14th of the month, as I was in March, the town has a pre full moon festival. On that night all traffic is cut off from the downtown area, many of the lights are turned low, with candles used instead, and there is live music and dancing.

This guy kept following me, wanting me to go on a motorcycle tour. I passed on the tour, but he let me take his photo anyway.
About 16% of the Vietnamese are Buddhist; and about 80% are atheist, but that figure may be somewhat high.
It's a bit hard to read, but under Made in Vietnam it says 100% "thit cho," which in Vietnamese means "dog."

No comments:

Post a Comment