Monday, April 30, 2018

Suitcase highway



It is currently the 4 day Labor Day holiday in China. I'm staying just down the road from Xian Train Station, so there's a steady stream of people rolling suitcases past the hotel.



Lining up the troops in preparation for the holiday festivities, Big Goose Pagoda, Xian.





Above 2 photos, Big Goose Pagoda, Xian.




Xian Museum.



Woodcarver, Little Goose Pagoda, Xian.




I read that in Japan they mold square watermelons. In China, you can enjoy these cute melonheads for a while, then devour them.




Often in China I run into crowds so dense that I change my plans and head elsewhere.









As a vegan, there are a lot of foods in China I don't eat.







I took the above 2 photos early this morning at Guangren Temple, the only Tibetan Buddhist temple in this central China province.



After leaving Guangren Temple, I stopped by a nearby park where people were relaxing, dancing, practicing tai chi.

No comments:

Post a Comment