Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Minimalist's traveling kit



30 years ago packing basically involved an extra pair of shoes, a few articles of clothing, a mat for sleeping on, a paperback. This all fit into a small backpack. Nowadays I lug more along on trips, but still try to keep things small and light. My phone is not in the photo because it is my camera. It also holds all my ebooks, my Chinese dictionary and Chinese character recognition app, and my app for scanning at Chinese stores for purchases instead of using cash or credit cards. There's also my mini MP3 player & headphones, mini speaker, sleep sound machine for noisy hotel rooms (or rooms that are too quiet), yoga strap and traveler's yoga mat, Captains of Crush hand gripper, mini headlamp, an old iPad for blogging, loofah sponge.


L





Wulukou metro station, Xian.



View from my room, Bell Tower Hotel, Xian.

Great to have right in front of the hotel: entrance leading to Xian's huge underground pedestrian walkway system, and to the subway.




I love these wide wooden Chinese couches. You can sit on them, have tea on them, sleep on them.



Never know what little treats I'm going to find in my room at Chinese hotels.

1 comment:

  1. I always love seeing minimalist packing lists. I'm curious why you don't use your phone for music and as a sleep sound machine? I use an app called Simply Noise for the latter.

    Thanks for sharing all your travels, I read your blog regularly.

    - Tara Kirkland

    ReplyDelete