Monday, September 28, 2020

China - - parting shots

Mini car with sunroof, Beijing. Time for me to leave China now, so I'm posting some photos of my final few weeks there. 
Hands down my favorite fruit. Sweet yet tart, mangosteens are absolutely delicious. 
I feel fortunate that I got to see quite a lot of China while living here, and I loved riding the bullet trains. 




Above 3 photos: street food snacks, Hangzhou. 





Above 4 photos: Hangzhou, near Shanghai, is without a doubt one of the most beautiful places in China. 


Recently in China there have been several minor outbreaks of covid, but overall it is pretty rare here now. 

Subway workers lined up, Hangzhou subway station. 

Hangzhou East RR Station. 



Above 3 photos: and my final trip, Badaling, the most visited section of the Great Wall.

 Packing out our stuff to move it from a large house in Beijing then squeeze it into a small apartment in DC. 

Nice place to stop en route to DC. I Love LA. 




 

2 comments:

  1. Good-bye China. I hope you and Dawn get to go back someday, and invite us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure when/if we'll go back, but it was a great 4 years😊

      Delete